Dear KTFC Members & Friends:
As many of you are aware, the Coalition has been putting together a lawmaker outreach program aimed at bringing newer House and Senate members up to speed on the challenging transportation funding issues that the Commonwealth is facing.
We intend to visit with these new members in virtual meetings to provide them with this information, and we have developed a slide deck to help illustrate various aspects of these thorny issues. A subset of Coalition members and friends – primarily those who have participated in putting the presentation together – has received a link to this slide deck. We thought we would provide this link to everyone for your information.
Your feedback is welcome.
TRANSPORTATION ISSUE UPDATE
- The White House gives Pennsylvania’s infrastructure a C-minus in the quest to marshal support for President Biden’s ambitious infrastructure funding plan.
- The funding initiative continues to receive support from several of Pennsylvania’s members of Congress. Here’s what Democratic Congresswoman Chrissy Houlahan says.
- State Rep. Maureen Madden, a Monroe County Democrat, penned this op-ed article calling for a strong and dedicated funding stream to strengthen rail transportation.
- KDKA reports that the long-awaited Southern Beltway is but a few months from completion.
- Our friend Rebecca Oyler, of the PA Motor Truck Association, was quoted in an article about the tough issues facing the trucking industry.
- As it does periodically, PennDOT is accepting unsolicited proposals for public-private partnership projects until the end of this month.
- And last but not least, PennDOT reminds us that the Real ID deadline is Oct. 1. The deadline had been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.